4-H Volunteer Opportunities & Involvement
We appreciate your interest in using your skills to serve our 4-H youth of Mecklenburg County. Volunteering is one of the most valuable gifts you can give yourself and your community! Below we have listed our ongoing opportunities as well as curent/time specific 4-H volunteer opportunities. For more information and details as to which volunteer opportunity will best suit you please contact 4-H Program Assistant, Catherine Daniels at email@example.com or by phone: (704) 353-0740.
ATTENTION: New, current, and/or interested 4-H volunteers!
Click below to sign up for the 4-H volunteer listserv to get updates on upcoming opportunities, volunteer appreciation, training, and other great information from 4-H.
Ongoing 4-H Volunteer Opportunities:
- 4-H Club Leader/Co-Leader or Club Helper
- Traditional 4-H Programming Volunteer
> Formal 4-H Club setting
- 4-H STEM Curriculum/Programming Volunteer
- Mecklenburg County Park & Recreation 4-H Programming Assistant
> Assist with use of 4-H curriculum within local recreation centers
- 4-H Focus Area(s), Guest Speaker, & Summer Volunteers
> Financial Literacy, Embryology, Gardening, Shooting Sports, etc.
- Individually Tailored 4-H Volunteer Experiences
- Service Learning for Students
> Short-term 4-H volunteerism opportunities for course credit
> Short-term 4-H volunteerrism opportunities for community service
- Episodic Volunteer
> One-time or short-term 4-H volunteer opportunities to fit your schedule
Current/Time Specific Opportunities:
- 4-H Summer Fun
- 4-H Camping: Summer Residential Camp Chaperone
- 4-H State, Regional, & District Events: Chaperones
- 4-H Partnership with Meck. County Fire & Life Education Safety Bowl
- 4-H Partnership with North Carolina State Fire & Life Safety Education Bowl
- 4-H Partnership with Mecklenburg County Safe Kids Coalition
- 4-H Curriculum Training Assistance
- 4-H Data Entry & Administrative Assistance
- 4-H Kids in Need Foundation Donation Organization
- 4-H County Advisory Council