Extension Gardener Handbook Description
This national award winning book was developed especially for Extension Master Gardener Volunteers and home gardeners and is the primary source for research-based information on gardening and landscaping successfully in the southeast.
The Extension Gardener handbook is a fundamental reference for any seasoned gardener, but it is written so clearly, it also appeals to beginners just getting their hands dirty. It explains the “why and how” basics for every gardening subject from soils and composting to vegetable gardening and wildlife management. Advice on garden design, preparation, and maintenance covers all types of plantings including lawns, ornamentals, fruits, trees, and containers.
This handbook also provides practical tools like color images, detailed graphics, diagnostic tables, case studies, frequently asked questions, and specific management strategies for insects, diseases, weeds, and other pests. Written by a team of the state’s leading horticulture experts, it contains a wealth of information to support you in creating and managing thriving gardens, lawns and landscapes. This is an essential book for serious gardeners in North Carolina and the southeast.
Want to learn more?
- Directions on how to order a hard copy of the book will be available here soon.
- Information contained in this book is available in an open access format at ncsu.edu/eg-handbook.
- Visit our portal, http://gardening.ces.ncsu.edu, a gateway to online resources from NC State Extension.
- Contact your County Extension Center, https://www.ces.ncsu.edu/directory/ , to speak with local experts.
- Become an Extension Master Gardener Volunteer, http://ncemgv.org, to join an outstanding group of life-long learners working together to change the world.