International Exchange Programs
The following information is from Daniel Collins, International Program Coordinator for North Carolina 4-H:
The information for the 2020 N.C. 4-H International Exchange-
Inbound Programs can be found on the N.C. 4-H website under Youth: International Programs. The information that has been provided on this site gives opportunities for families who might be interested in hosting a Japanese or Costa Rican delegate for the duration of their stay. We are also looking for families that would be willing to host Japanese and Costa Rican chaperones this summer as well.
NOTE: If you are unfamiliar with the program and would like to learn more, please contact me (Daniel Collins) directly and I would be glad to answer any questions or address any concerns… (Daniel’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org, and his phone number is 919-515-4759.)
The direct link to the information can be found here: 2020 N.C. 4-H International Exchange Specific requirements for who can host, who is eligible, and other important criteria for hosting can be found on the (documents at the end of the article) or on the website!
Costa Rica Inbound
- Applications for host families to host a CR youth or chaperone is MARCH 1. Families are chosen by States’ 4-H for this exchange, but we will be taking care of the screening and home visits here in NC.
- Dates for this exchange have not been finalized, but generally will take place from mid-June to mid-July. We had a very successful visit from our CR delegates and chaperone last year.
- We will be hosting 12 Japanese delegates and a Japanese chaperone this coming summer.
- Applications for the Japanese program are DUE May 22.
- Hosting dates for the Japanese delegates: arrival on July 25 and departure on August 22.
We are attempting to get families in place much sooner… As always, I am here to answer any questions or address any concerns related to the international program! Please feel free to email me or call me at the information (above)!
Making the Best Better,