Registration for 2022 Summer Exploring with 4-H
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
What is Summer Exploring?
Summer Exploring is a series of fun, short-term programs designed to help youth explore new ideas and topics of interest. They also socialize, and programs help young minds stay active during summer months.
4-H is a youth development organization open to youth ages 5-18. Please review registration details for more information on age restrictions and other details for each specific program.
NOTICE: SPACE IS LIMITED FOR ALL SUMMER PROGRAMS.
Registration – now open!
As in years past, registration for Summer Exploring will be a two-step process, and both steps are required.
- Reserve your spot for most programs by registering in Eventbrite.
- Enroll youth in 4-H Online to complete the process.
To register for the following programs, visit this Eventbrite page:
- EXPLORE SPACE TECH – NOW CLOSED: Youth will learn about space and related technologies. Ages 8-14 can register on Eventbrite to attend Thursday, June 9 from 1:00-5:00 p.m. (Free of charge)
- CLOVERBUDS AT THE GARDEN – NOW CLOSED: Enjoy a morning at Unity Park and Community Garden in Lenoir on Tuesday, June 14. The Cloverbuds at the Garden program will be from 9 a.m. to noon, and the theme will be seeds. (Free of charge)
- GRILL SKILLS – NOW CLOSED: Grill Skills is a summer program for youth ages 10-18 who want to learn about preparing food on the grill. The program is being offered twice – once on Friday, June 24 and then on Saturday, June 25. The program begins in the morning and runs through the middle of the afternoon. When registering on Eventbrite, be sure to confirm your ticket reflects the day you want to attend and the county you live in. ($20/person)
- IT’S ELECTRIC: In partnership with CCC&TI’s department of Engergy and Construction Trades, 4-H invites youth ages 10-18 to attend It’s Electric on Thursday, July 12 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. ($10/person)
- KICK BACK & RELAX: Kick Back & Relax will be a healthy living workshop on Friday, July 22 from 1:00-4:00 p.m. Youth ages 5-18 are invited to register and attend with an adult of their choice for the short-term program. Youth may also attend this event independently. (Free of charge)
- HORSEMANSHIP CAMP – NOW FULL: 4-H invites youth ages 5-14 to attend a Horsemanship Camp on Tuesday through Thursday, July 26-28. The camp will be from 9 a.m. to noon each day. ($45/person)
The following programs have separate registration pages, linked below:
- JUNIOR LEADERS: Gain hands-on leadership experiences! We are looking for motivated young people (ages 12-18) to volunteer with Summer Exploring programs and work toward general self-improvement. Applications are due April 29, 2022. (Free of charge)
- COUNTY ACTIVITY DAY: County Activity Day is an opportunity on May 21 for youth to showcase their talents and knowledge in a variety of project areas. Activity options include 4-H Entertains (think talent show acts), Presentations, Cloverbud Show & Tell, Readings, Extemporaneous Speech and more. Register via Google Forms by May 16. (Free of charge)
- REGIONAL LIVESTOCK SKILLATHON CLINIC – 4-H invites youth ages 8-18 to attend a Livestock Skillathon Clinic on Saturday, June 4 to gain livestock knowledge and learn about skillathon contests. The clinic is from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Register on Eventbrite. ($10/person)
- PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST: The 2022 photography contest is now also accepting entries. Read contest details and submit youth photos here through Google Forms by June 22, 2022. (Free of charge)
- YOUTH ENTRIES AT THE CALDWELL AG. FAIR: Youth ages 5-19 can exhibit anything from flowers to photography at the fair. They are able to show off their skills by exhibiting something they made or grew and receive feedback from a judge. Non-livestock youth entries will be accepted on Monday, June 27 from 3:30 – 7:30 p.m. Read more on our website about entry categories, guidelines and rules. (Free of charge)
We will be happy to work with you to accommodate your child’s needs. Accommodation requests related to a disability should be made at least three weeks prior to an event to Sarah Kocher at 828-757-1258 or email@example.com.
If transportation needs are communicated at least three weeks prior to a program, 4-H will work to discuss options with parents. Some programs allow more flexibility to accommodate transportation than others. This is not offered every year. Again, contact Sarah Kocher directly to discuss this.
For all programs, parents and all participating youth are required to sign a Code of Conduct form in which behavioral standards are outlined.