Caldwell County 4-H: Online Programs
We’re expanding our online programs!
All Caldwell County 4-H programs (clubs, workshops, etc.) will not meet in person through the end of the summer. We have a dynamic set of volunteer and youth leaders in our program, and they have the opportunity to set a calm and innovative example for our community in the coming months. Please stay tuned for continued updates as we monitor CDC, Caldwell County, and N.C. Cooperative Extension recommendations.
Zoom web-conferencing and other online options are seen as first-choice prior to canceling meetings and events. However, we understand this may not be a good option for all families. Contact 4-H Youth Development Agent Sarah Moyer at (828) 394-9624 for offline activity options.
Next, with school closures across North Carolina through May 15, 2020, 4-H would like to offer a variety of program options for our members and other youth in the community.
Coming Up Online
- North Carolina 4-H Daily Spark: schedules are posted the Friday before each week, starting with spark sessions on March 23 (Facebook Live)
- View the 4-H photography workshop’s gallery on our website after April 21
At-Home Activities with 4-H
- All 4-H members can pick a presentation topic and prepare for County Activity Day.
- Update your project records, or start one for 2020, if you haven’t already.
- Work through the 4-H Healthy Living Activity Guide.
- Members in the horse project can work on artistic expression and creative writing events. Entries must be registered in May, and they will be judged at the state show in July.
Other 4-H Programs
- Activities with Kentucky 4-H: Facebook and Instagram
- Nebraska 4-H Virtual and At-Home Learning: biweekly “Living Room Learning” and “Boredom Busters Challenge” activities, as well as a Equine Webinar series and a self-directed Cat Club – view schedule/details
- Texas 4-H Virtual Experiences: at 11 a.m. EST – see schedule below with dates and topics (Facebook live)
Travel the world and beyond!
- Meet animals at the zoo
- Explore the surface of Mars
- See amazing art at the Louvre in Paris, France
- Tour the British Museum “Museum of the World”
- View exhibits at the National Gallery of Art, Washington DC
- See Yellowstone and Yosemite National Parks
- Virtually hike the Great Wall of China
- Use Google Earth to tour Hawaii landmarks
This page will be updated periodically with any online events to be added.